MTBC has managed to successfully innovate and serve a large customer base with quality and consistency over the years, facilitating patients and providers by making the billing process more manageable. Along the way, MTBC has offered various feature-filled PMs and EHR systems with amenities that cut costs and reduce the time spent on data entry, while allowing the providers to dedicate their time and attention fully to their patients’ care.
Most recently, MTBC launched talkEHR, which includes a virtual assistant named “Allison.” While the concept of having a virtual assistant is not new technology, the use of voice recognition is. Allison comprehends voice commands and also performs specific functions with increased efficiency.
In today’s world, providers are obligated to keep their productivity and efficiency up, and also conform to the latest healthcare policies and standards, which can be challenging. So many of them are focusing on keeping their clerical staff lean and are employing AI-based virtual assistants and EHRs to handle lengthy, repetitive tasks. We’ve built Allison to be ready to assist you so you can competently balance all the tasks mentioned above. Here are some more details about the ways in which Allison is making the lives of doctors simpler than ever:
- Allison is programmed to manage all incoming phone calls and notify the doctors about them in a timely manner. This smooths out the influx of calls and messages, and also prevents the providers from having to deal with the distraction of any unwanted calls.
- Allison helps to develop a smart schedule and encourages the provider to stick to it by informing them about any upcoming or missed appointments through timely prompts. Doctors have the ability to set their working days and hours in the system which automatically guides Allison on how and when to best inform the patients about their availability.
- Allison even follows-up with the patients. This wonderful feature reminds patients of their upcoming or missed appointment through a message or phone call. Despite the automation, this makes the patients feel valued and cared for.
- If you have any prescriptions, Allison can handle those requests by making a command to the pharmacy. This way, patients get the right medication at the right time.
- Allison does a wonderful job of getting all the necessary patient information required for making the transcription and billing process a seamless one. She ensures that all the insurance claims created are spot-on so they are accepted by the insurance companies in one-go.
- You can command Allison to take notes for you. The voice recognition feature will simply convert your voice input into a word file and you will have your notes ready without any hassle.
- To save you precious time, Allison helps you locate the ICD and CPT codes based on the disease you are diagnosing. This step is crucial as it maintains the medical standards and makes sure that patients receive the correct treatment the very first time. It also helps ensure the accuracy of the claim being generated.
Allison comes with various features that make it an added bonus for your practice and offer far more efficiency than any normal virtual assistant would. And, you don’t have to allot any office space or other resources for Allison. She works seamlessly from within your talkEHR module. Serving as a bridge between patients, practices, and the insurance companies, Allison takes your commands, understands and translates them, and then delivers results driven by the instructions she’s given. You’re left with an uninterrupted stream of operations built to enhance your productivity, and offer you some much needed convenience along the way.